Answered By: Lisa Davis Last Updated: Nov 10, 2015 Views: 196
In order to play DVDs in the classroom, follow these steps:
1. Insert the disc and wait for the DVD player to load and the DVD to load completely to the play screen:
2. Do not use the play/pause buttons in the media player. Instead, using the touch screen stylist, press the "Play Movie" icon on the screen.
the film / movie / documentary should begin playing. If you continue to have issues with the movie playing, please reach out to FIU Law IT.
Video Streaming Services through FIU
FIU Law Library through FIU Libraries now offers streaming video through two portals: Kanopy Streaming Video and Swank Digital Campus. There are two methods to discover content in these streaming video services. You can use these instructions to inform your students on how to access these services, or provide a direct URL (or embed the video) to the film in question.
PLEASE NOTE: Swank Digital Campus will not work in the Google Chrome internet browser and requires installation of the Microsoft Silverlight plugin.
Use the streaming service to search for content:
- Go FIU Law Library.
- Click on "eResources" under "Quick Links."
- Select "K" for "Kanopy Streaming Videos" or "S" for "Swank Digital Campus" and navigate to the resource.
- Use the search function to search for the title of the film in question.
Use the Catalog to search for content:
- Go FIU Law Library.
- In the "Catalog Quick Search" box, type the name of the film, "Anatomy of a Murder"
- Locate the film in our catalog, in this case it is the first hit:
- Click on the "FIU users: view content here" link to load the film and begin viewing.
For your convenience, the direct access URL for Anatomy of a Murder is: http://dc.swankmp.com/fiu313969/sdc/watch.aspx?v=c94e97a58e5546fc9afd263f222891f7
PLEASE NOTE: When accessing FIU content off-campus, this URL should prompt students to enter their FIU credentials via our proxy server. However, experience has demonstrated that it is always good practice when off-campus to first click the "Off-Campus Access" button on the FIU Law Library's website and login before attempting to access any FIU online resources to ensure seamless access.